St. Patrick's Day is on Tuesday, March 17, and the parades have been scheduled for the weekend before.
You can also find other great Chicago St. Patrick's Day events and things to do here. Check back often as the list will continue to grow as St. Patrick's Day nears.
- St. Patrick's Day Events - Top Picks
Find some of the top ways of celebrating St. Patrick's Day in Chicago.
- St. Patrick's Day Parade - Saturday, March 14
You can debate over your green beer as long as you'd like, but there's no answer for which of the two parades is the essential one to attend.
- South Side Irish St. Patrick's Day Parade - Sunday, March 15
The South Side Irish parade takes place, as you might expect, on the south side. Learn more here.
- Tips for Attending the South Side Irish St. Patrick's Day Parade
Find essential information and advice for getting the most out of this popular parade.
- How to Book a Party Bus Ride to the South Side Irish St. Patrick's Day Parade
Book your ticket now on one of the many north side buses that head to the south side parade.
- Dyeing of the Chicago River
Learn more about one of Chicago's more unusual traditions and learn about how you can witness it.
- How They Dye the Chicago River Green - Photos
See a step-by-step photo tour of how the Chicago River gets its green for St. Patrick's Day.
- Best Chicago Irish Pubs and Restaurants
No St. Patrick's Day celebration would be complete without a visit to a Chicago pub. Find our contributor and local author Sharon Shea Bossard's top picks of the best ones in Chicago.
- Photo of Barack "O'Bama" in the St. Patrick's Day Parade
Before he was the President of the United States, he was the U.S. Senator from Illinois who recognized the benefit of marching with the Chicago Irish.
- Irish American Heritage Center - Fast Facts
Consider visiting one of the largest Irish American cultural centers in the U.S. this St. Patrick's Day season. The massive 86,000 square foot facility offers so much Irish culture that you'll surely find something that suits your green mood.
- Irish American Heritage Center - Photo Tour
Take a photo tour of Chicago's massive and impressive center of Irish culture. It's the next best thing to visiting.
- Chicago St. Patrick's Day Parade Photos
Get a bit of the flavor of downtown Chicago's annual St. Patrick's Day parade with these photos.
- St. Patrick's Day Recipes
Discover good stuff to eat beyond corned beef.