Related: Revisiting the Chicago Scene of the St. Valentine's Day Massacre
- Sweet Saturdays at Garfield Park Conservatory
Candy sales, candy-making demonstrations, Valentine's Day card creations, and more.
- 300 N. Central Park Avenue, Chicago, IL
- Sweet Saturdays featuring the above events will fall on February 7, 14, and 21.
- 11 a.m. to 4 p.m.
- Suggested donation of $2 per person
- Chicago Poetry Center's Third Annual Valentine's Day Show - Monday, February 9
"No Love for Love" will be headlined by David Rackoff at the Victory Gardens/Biograph Theater and will grapple with notions of love (or lack thereof.)
- Casablanca - The Original Film - Saturday, February 14
No, no, don't get on that plane! Bogie loves you soooo much.
- Music Box Theater
- 3733 N. Southport Avenue, Chicago, IL
- Saturday, February 14, 2009
- Showtimes Not Yet Available
- Valentine's - River North Chicago Dance - Friday, February 13 and Saturday, February 14
The Harris Theater hosts this annual Valentine's showcase of creative dance performances.
- Chicago Park District's Valentine's Day Parties and Dances
Find a Valentine's Day celebration to enjoy at a park facility near you. The CPD offers a wide range of events for all ages and they're often free.
- Paul Marinaro Trio - All Stages of Love
According to the promoters, "The Paul Marinaro Trio matches each emotion with well chosen gems from the Great American Songbook, including 'I've Got You Under My Skin,' 'I'm Through With Love,' 'The Very Thought of You,' and of course, 'My Funny Valentine.' Featuring vocalist Paul Marinaro, bassist Joe Policastro and pianist Christopher White."
- Maxim's, 24 E. Goethe, Chicago, IL
- Wednesday, February 11, 2009
- 7 p.m. reception. 7:30 p.m. show
- $25 includes appetizers
- For reservations: (312)742-8497
- Go Out for Dinner
You can check available tables at Chicago's most popular restaurants through OpenTable's reservation system.
- I Heart Art Family Program - Saturday, February 14
The Museum of Contemporary Art celebrates Valentine's Day with heartful things to do, including valentine making and art gazing. 11 a.m. to 3 p.m. FREE for families w/ children 12 and under.
- International Salsa Congress
The Salsa Congress runs from Thursday, February 12-15, but you can buy tickets for the Saturday night showcases and dancing. Takes place at the Westin O'Hare.
- Dinner Cruises Aboard the Odyssey - Friday, February 13 and Saturday, February 14
In any weather, the view of the Chicago skyline from the lake is among the most beautiful in the city, and perhaps, the world. No joke.
- Skating at Millennium Park Ice Rink
If you're on a budget, this would be my first recommendation for you this Valentine's Day. It's free to skate if you bring your own skates, otherwise they're available in the rental shop for a $9 fee. The skate scene under the bean is romantic or fun or both, depending on what you need it to be.