The Bunny is only a small part of enjoying April in Chicago. Discover your city with these great annual events and things to do in Chicago this April.
April Highlights: Chicago Easter - Top Events and Resources | Chicago Earth Day Events
- Spring Flower Shows - Through May 10
The Lincoln Park Conservatory and the Garfield Park Conservatory spring into full bloom with their annual flower shows.
- Tenth Annual Edible Book Fest - Wednesday, April 1
Scrumptious eating and some reading at this perennial favorite sponsored by the Columbia College Center for Book & Paper Arts.
- Literally Sexy 2 - Friday, April 3 and Friday, April 10
The Victory Gardens theater gets naughty for the second year in a row with this lascivious variety show. 10:30 p.m.
- Spring Antique Show and Sale - Friday, April 3 to Sunday, April 5
Arlington Park hosts this show of older objects and nostalgia.
- Sixth Annual Doggie Egg Hunt - Saturday, April 4
Better than hunting rabbits, Fido gets to sniff out treat-filled eggs and get her picture taken with the Easter Bunny. Less hassle than chasing real rabbits with (what humans believe to be) a comparably tasty pay-off.
- Chicago Annual Lakefront George Cheung 50K Memorial Race - Saturday, April 4
That's not a typo. That's 5-0 kilometers for the heartiest of runners. Last year's winner finished it in 3:21:11.
- Chicago Creative Expo - Saturday, April 4
An annual expo for artists and people in the arts to get together and swap ideas, training, info and more. FREE.
- White Sox Opening Day at U.S. Cellular Field - Monday, April 6
They're already calling themselves the "First Team" as they're President Obama's favorites. Can they become the first team literally this year and win the World Series? Tune in. Start time vs. KC is TBD.
- Special Election 5th Congressional District - Race to Fill Rahm Emanuel's Seat - Tuesday, April 7
Click through to find out more about this election and whether or not you should be voting in it.
- Play Ball, Chicago! - Wednesday, April 8
This annual festival turn two and invites all baseball fans to celebrate the opening of the season.
- Passover Begins - Thursday, April 9
Passover begins at sundown.
- Illinois Marathon in Champaign-Urbana - Saturday, April 11
Chicago Marathon runners may want to take note. This race falls exactly six months to the day before the Chicago Marathon.
- Easter Sunday - April 12
Find Chicago Easter celebrations and resources.
- Cubs Opening Day at Wrigley Field - Monday, April 13
How about we make this year's slogan "101 and Done." Shall we? Dare to root again. A 1:20 p.m. start if you're in. They're playing Colorado.
- Chicago Improv Festival - Monday, April 13 to Sunday, April 19
It's the 12th annual run for this festival of spontaneous funny.
- Chicago Latino Film Festival - Friday, April 17 to Wednesday, April 29
Chicago's premiere Latino Film Festival celebrates 25 this year.
- Historic Chicago Bungalow & Green Expo - Friday, April 17 and Saturday, April 18
The annual meeting of bungalow owners, admirers, and vendors. It will be held at the Merchandise Mart.
- Chicago Mini Tango Festival - Friday, April 17 to Sunday, April 19
Chicago's Hyde Park neighborhood heats up for this three day teaching and dancing festival.
- The First Annual Snuggie Pub Crawl - Saturday, April 18
Visit pubs while wearing a blanket with sleeves. You can't write this stuff. BYOSnuggie - Compare Snuggie Prices
- Dia Del Nino Festival - Saturday, April 18
This annual festival correlates with a favorite Mexican holiday celebrating children. It takes place at the UIC Pavilion from 11 a.m. to 4 p.m. 525 South Racine, Chicago, IL.
- Earth Day - Wednesday, April 22
Help turn back the global warming thermometer by tuning into your planet for Earth Day. Events begin as early as the 18th and run through the 25th.
- The Walk Fashion Show - Thursday, April 23 and Friday, April
The School of the Art Institute's annual festival of art and fashion honors SAIC graduate Maria Pinto this year. Note: The link above is to a pdf flyer of the event.
- Version Fest - 09 Immodest Proposals - Thursday, April 23 to Saturday, May 2
An eclectic 10-day arts fest exploring emerging trends in art, music, and technology.
- Race to Wrigley - Saturday, April 25
This Cubs Charities 5K begins and ends at Wrigley Field.
- Short Story Film Showcase - Saturday, April 25
This festival is sponsored by Chicago Filmmakers. Another date might be added.
- Chicago Bears Draft Day - Official Party - Saturday, April 25
Celebrate the Chicago Bears new picks at the Cubby Bear.
- Chicago Latino Network's Schmoozefest - Thursday, April 30
Schmoozefest has sold out for the past 8 years. Will you miss this professional networking event this year?
- Wine Enthusiast's Toast of the Town at the Field Museum - Thursday, April 30
More than 25 Chicago restaurants, 500 wine and spirits for sampling, and browsing of the museum's exhibits take center stage at this annual Chicago event.
- Art Chicago Opening Night - Thursday, April 30
The city's International Fair of Contemporary and Modern Art celebrates with its opening preview at the Merchandise Mart. The fair runs through May 4.
- NEXT Opening Night - Thursday, April 30
The exhibit for emerging art celebrates with its opening preview at the Merchandise Mart. The fair runs through May 4.