1. Local

Is Michelle Obama pregnant?

By July 8, 2009

Michelle Obama Pregnant?This morning I was reviewing photos of Michelle Obama while on her trip to Russia, and something seemed amiss.

The usually indefatigable, radiant First Lady looked exhausted. Even nauseous. And, then there's the possible bump. Maybe she just has a bad case of flu, but apparently others noticed it and the rumor that she might be pregnant has been flying around DC, too. This photo was taken as she was leaving for Russia.

If true, imagine what a nationwide journey and 24/7 non-stop media blitz for seven months that will be.

As Bonnie Fuller writes in the Huff Post, "There's almost nothing that this beleaguered country could use more now than an adorable Obama baby. In fact, we need it so badly, that if Michelle isn't already knocked up with #3, she and Barack should start trying immediately." Follow Me on Twitter | Find Me on Facebook

© Pool/Getty

Comments

July 9, 2009 at 11:18 am
(1) James says:

If MB is not PG and is just porked out a bit from her new lavish lifestyle, you will be in a world of trouble from the obama news police.

July 9, 2009 at 11:34 am
(2) Kim says:

I’m just glad to know that I am not the only person out there thinking it :-) .

July 9, 2009 at 4:24 pm
(3) h says:

i was thinking the same thing.. but then i came across an old article about their nyc date, which said michelle had wine and a margarita..so im doubting shes pregnant, and if she is she must not be very far along..

July 9, 2009 at 6:51 pm
(4) chicago says:

that date was six weeks ago

July 10, 2009 at 8:27 am
(5) h says:

… i know the date was a while ago.. which is why i believe if she is pregnant she probably wasnt very pregnant that night, meaning she wouldnt be all that far along now.

July 10, 2009 at 10:13 am
(6) chicago says:

h – Oh, I knew that’s what you meant. I was getting into speculation territory that I prefer to leave now. For her sake, I hope she’s just put on a little weight. I think the media circus for her would be overwhelming.

July 10, 2009 at 10:32 am
(7) Nosmo King says:

Who gives a crap?

July 10, 2009 at 12:13 pm
(8) chicago says:

Nosmo King doesn’t.

July 10, 2009 at 2:52 pm
(9) Christina says:

Isn’t she a little old to be pg? She is 45.

July 11, 2009 at 2:43 am
(10) laure says:

why would a forty-five year old woman with two kids be pregnant….the campaign trail kept her lean, now all the partying is catching up with her… OMG…maybe she is gaining weight!!!

July 11, 2009 at 7:55 am
(11) lucyinthesky says:

She just needs to lose those belts, or reposition them!

July 11, 2009 at 9:08 am
(12) chicago says:

Remember when Tony Blair’s wife got pregnant while he was in office? She was 45.

July 12, 2009 at 6:10 pm
(13) PeggyU says:

After all of the horrible comments about Sarah Palin getting pregnant in her 40′s it is something to be wished for now? Why the double standard?

July 13, 2009 at 1:03 pm
(14) Natassha Jones says:

Could abortion a possibility? It is legalized now isn’t it?

July 15, 2009 at 4:09 pm
(15) Sharon says:

I agree. She looks pregnant.
If she’s not she needs to get busy in the White House gym. Or–as one comment stated,
not wear belts that cut her in half.
Her fashion sense is a little challenged anyway. She has a “thick” frame,e.g. not curvy, no waist. When you are shaped like she is (a hard body) you have to dress against it to look feminine.She’s so much better in a body-skimming sheath. No belts!! And since she’s been spending up to $1500. each on them, it’ll save Barack some cash!

July 17, 2009 at 12:13 pm
(16) Philadelphia says:

I wouldn’t be surprised if the Obamas had a baby to improve Barry’s declining approval numbers

August 8, 2009 at 12:05 am
(17) Tabar says:

I hope the baby doesn’t have a big head like her

August 13, 2009 at 4:31 am
(18) Reilly says:

Are you an ignoramus – I thought only dudes get to speculate on womens’ bodies. You’re a girl, so you don’t count. Make sure you write some more articles about how women appear – do us all a favor, eh?

September 1, 2009 at 1:00 pm
(19) Tee says:

Wow, I saw her in some white pants or skirt the other day that is more a hip hugger type and her stomach was showing. She did look pregnant. I did not vote for Obama, but if they want a baby it is not anyone’s place to judge them on this. I didn’t know that other’s thought she was pregnant…Jackie Kennedy really impressed the nation with her pregnancies…I hope she is pregnant myself. Better that than the stories about her shorts or garden….

September 10, 2009 at 3:01 am
(20) jim kuru says:

What harm she get pregnant,